Over the last few years, we’ve heard a lot of people express surprise when they learn about the local game development community:
There are game developers in Perth? Really?
That game was developed here?
As a community, it can be pretty disheartening to feel so invisible. Shipping a game is a huge achievement that should be recognised, and our local game developers should be celebrated like the stars they are!
That why Let’s Make Games maintains an directory of local game developers and keeps a record of locally developed games. If you haven’t yet seen our Games and Developers pages, check them out (and send us a profile if something is missing!).
We’ve just added the following developers:
And the following game:
Thanks to the developers for sending through profiles and bringing their game releases to our attention. As we’re purely volunteer-run, it sometimes takes a while before profiles appear online, so please be patient if you send one through (it will appear on the site eventually!)
This bring our total listings to 27 games and 17 developers. Not too shabby for an apparently small industry!
We’ve just added three more games to our games directory:
Thanks to the game developers for submitting profiles… although we’re still after profiles from more developers! (And for more than a few games!)
As a reminder, you can submit developer and game profiles by completing the corresponding surveys that have been running since April.
Thanks to everyone who submitted profiles for games developed in Perth. They’re now up and listed on our brand-spanking new Games page!
Everything has kinda just been dropped in there at the moment and everything has to be manually updated (although we do have some offline scripts to generate pages based on the survey results).
We considered putting in a database or wiki initially, but a database backend would require more setup and testing, and a wiki can easily turn into a inconsistent mess if it doesn’t have a critical mass of contributors!
We’ll work on improving both the game and developer directories as they grow.
Let us know if you find any errors or mistakes! Thanks!
Thanks to everyone who has responded to our surveys thus far. It’s great to receive feedback on events and to see all these submissions for developer profiles and a game directory listings.
Just a reminder that we are currently running three surveys:
- Community (Scene): For everyone involved in games in Perth!
- Developer: Former and current game developers, submit a profile!
- Game: Provide us with information on games that you have worked on!
We hope that prolific local game developers will take some time to submit multiple responses to the developer and game surveys (assuming that they have worked at various companies and on various games, even if those companies are no longer around).
So how are the surveys going? Our estimates place the current response levels at:
All those responses and we still want more!
If you have yet to respond, please consider the following:
- If you previously experienced some technical issues (the dreaded “you have already completed this survey” bug), please give it another go. We’ve patched the server software and everything should be peachy now.
- Maybe you have worked on a game, but figure that someone else who worked on it will submit a profile (so you don’t have to). Well, they may be thinking the same thing! If we get multiple submissions for the same game, we will merge the results (resulting in an ever BETTER profile!)
- Maybe you feel that your game was: made a long time ago, not that great, unworthy of a listing… who cares anyway… sigh. Well, WE CARE! We want to know all about it and when you are a rich and famous game developer you’ll want to relive the old times!
By simply responding, you could join the ranks of these great local developers:
Moreover, you could see your work featured alongside these great games:
In summary: Every response we get helps us paint a more complete picture of game development here in Perth. Our past, present, and future becomes more clear with everyone bit of information you submit! So please, keep those responses coming!