It’s been a busy year for games in Perth, with many a quality title being released, new studios and partnerships coming about, not to mention a steady stream of awards and nominations arising. In addition to joining us this Sunday for the Let’s Make Games End of Year Party, why not reflect on the year that was at the all you can eat, drink and play ‘Indie Day’ extravaganza organised by the folks at GameCloud and GameCity.
What: GameCity Indie Day
When: 7th December, 12pm – 6pm
Where: Shop TR2/3, Raine Square Shopping Centre, 300 Murray Street, Perth
As this event is an ode to the Perth gaming industry, there will be a range of games to try your hand at, including some of the latest Perth-made titles. Some local developers already on the gaming guest list are Stirfire Studios, SK Games, Titanium Studios, Gnomic Studios, Black Lab Games and Sky Breaker Games.
For all the latest details on the delicious food and gaming goodness check out the official Facebook event.
Let’s Make Games is proud to announce our next event:
- Title: Short Talks by Perth Game Developers
- Time/Date: 5:00pm – 8:00pm, September 10, 2010
- Location: Room B202 (the theatrette), eCentral TAFE, 140 Royal Street, East Perth
- Description: Let’s Make Games has invited four local game developers (Matt Comi, Saxon Druce, Aranda Morrison, and Paul Turbett) to share their first-hand experiences developing and releasing games for various platforms (iPhone, Flash, Xbox360, Playstation 3, and PSP).
We’re very excited to have such a great line-up of speakers talking about recently released games on multiple commercial platforms. Perth game development has sure come a long way in the last few years!
Here are some links to our speakers’ games:
Here’s the event flyer (click image for a print-ready version):
Hope to see you there!
Update: If you are on Facebook, check out the Facebook page for this event.
Update: Location updated with Room number (B202, the theatrette). We’ll be putting up signs and guiding people to the right place, but it’s nice to know the room number just in case!
Thanks to everyone who has responded to our surveys thus far. It’s great to receive feedback on events and to see all these submissions for developer profiles and a game directory listings.
Just a reminder that we are currently running three surveys:
- Community (Scene): For everyone involved in games in Perth!
- Developer: Former and current game developers, submit a profile!
- Game: Provide us with information on games that you have worked on!
We hope that prolific local game developers will take some time to submit multiple responses to the developer and game surveys (assuming that they have worked at various companies and on various games, even if those companies are no longer around).
So how are the surveys going? Our estimates place the current response levels at:
All those responses and we still want more!
If you have yet to respond, please consider the following:
- If you previously experienced some technical issues (the dreaded “you have already completed this survey” bug), please give it another go. We’ve patched the server software and everything should be peachy now.
- Maybe you have worked on a game, but figure that someone else who worked on it will submit a profile (so you don’t have to). Well, they may be thinking the same thing! If we get multiple submissions for the same game, we will merge the results (resulting in an ever BETTER profile!)
- Maybe you feel that your game was: made a long time ago, not that great, unworthy of a listing… who cares anyway… sigh. Well, WE CARE! We want to know all about it and when you are a rich and famous game developer you’ll want to relive the old times!
By simply responding, you could join the ranks of these great local developers:
Moreover, you could see your work featured alongside these great games:
In summary: Every response we get helps us paint a more complete picture of game development here in Perth. Our past, present, and future becomes more clear with everyone bit of information you submit! So please, keep those responses coming!