We’re in the final stretch now for organising Show Us Your Bits for this Saturday at ECU Mt Lawley! In case you forgot, the flyer looks like this:
There will be a lot happening on the day, including:
Amazing Showcases! See the latest work on games from a range of Perth developers and students! There’ll be over a dozen games for PC, mobile and tablets to try – all you have to bring is your opposable thumbs to play them with.
Insightful Presentations! Six game creators will talk about their unique experiences making games in Perth. Listen, ask and learn!, featuring:
- Dean Herbert (@peppyhax) about his music game osu!,
- Ben Macmillan (Fragsoft) about Fragsoft’s upcoming Nordic mythology RPG,
- Josh Hogan is going to converse with your earboxes about music, games and Beat Salad!,
- Anthony Carriero will talk about creating items for the Team Fortress 2 marketplace,
- Chris McCormick (PodSix) on jsGameSoup, and making cross-browser games with open web technologies, and
- Anthony Sweet (Handwritten Games) will mumble something about playtesting and how it can be your friend.
Delicious Sausage Sizzle! The weather is promising to be bee-yoo-tiful, so we’ll have some volunteers chilling under the ECU pagoda dishing out cheap hotdogs and drinks from 12:30pm to 1:30pm. Vegetarian options available!
Paperjam?! Bring a pack of standard playing cards and join in on this one hour workshop about paper prototyping. Bring a whole team or rock your game design skills solo! This workshop is suitable for anyone and everyone, just bring your cards and some stationery.
So come down and spend the afternoon with us!
Show Us Your Bits 2011 is a FREE event and open to the public. The event wouldn’t be nearly as awesome if it weren’t for our generous (and handsome!) sponsors: ECU (School of Communication and Arts), Westralian Bookkeeping Solutions and Black Lab Games.