The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC) Culture and the Arts is currently conducting a survey to assess the impact COVID-19 has had on employment and revenue in the WA creative industries. Let’s Make Games would like to encourage all members of our community and those in related fields, to take a moment to share your thoughts and be counted! The survey will critical data for a statistically reliable survey on the employment and revenue impacts of COVID-19 on the broader creative industries across WA.
“We are seeking contributions from freelancers, businesses and organisations engaged in creative industries who create, perform, produce or present artistic or cultural works. Take this short survey and help to build a robust and reliable sector profile for Western Australia, understand the current situation and plan for the future. “
Which industries are being investigated?
The creative sectors being targeted with this survey include, but are not limited to:
- Games publishing and development
- Interactive VR/AR/XR artists
- Film, TV and radio
- Writing and publishing
- Fashion, jewellery and textile design
- Performing arts venue operation
- Visual arts, music, theatre and comedy
- Dance, circus, opera and orchestra
- Libraries, art galleries and museums
- Set, lighting and production design
Who can complete the survey?
Anyone who has worked (or been seeking work) in the creative industries from 1 January to 30 June 2020. There are of course many roles in the games and creative industries, but some examples include…
- Freelancer or independent artist
- Sole trader
- Partner in a partnership
- Company owner or manager (i.e. CEO, General Manager, Executive Director, etc)
- General manager in not for profit organisation (i.e. CEO, General Manager, Executive Director, etc)
- Full-time, part-time or casual employee in an organisation or company
- Unemployed – seeking work in creative industries
For more information
For more details on the survey itself, as well as contact information for the Culture and the Arts (WA) , head to the survey page here: https://catalyse.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9EOqlVRqMIy3r8h
The survey is open until Friday 21 August 2020.