Black Lab Games, the Perth studio behind Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, are on the look out for a Quality Assurance Tester to join their team. Late January they put a call out for expressions of interest for the role, so if you think you’re up to the challenge get your application in asap!
Details below straight from the studio…
“If you enjoy breaking games – and helping put them back together in better shape – and want to work with a team with a proven track record of success, we’d like to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Test new and existing game features, and assist the development team with resolving bugs and improving the user experience.
- Assist in the development and implementation of QA testing plans
- Be an advocate for quality, ensuring the best experience for players
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to communicate well with programmers and designers in a small team environment
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving
- Have past professional experience as a software tester.
- Have a deep familiarity with games and gaming conventions on multiple platforms
- You’ll also be a fan of strategy games (or at least have an understanding of the genre).
We are looking for someone to join on a part time basis initially, with the possibility to extend to a full time role in the future. The role is based in our studio in the Perth northern suburbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like your thing, please send your expression of interest and CV to jobs [AT] blacklabgames.com.au “