The Let’s Make Games forums are now live! We’ve had a lot of people ask us where they can:
- Post their work-in-progress games
- Find a job, work experience, or a like-minded development team
- Participate in game development competitions and challenges
- Chat about all sorts of randomness
Initially, we’d just make the same recommendation: “Post it to the PIGMI mailing list!” After all, it’s the anarchic cultural heart of the Perth indie game development scene and home to all kinds of community discussion.
Then we thought… maybe people want to see profiles of other members, and maybe they also want persistent threads that they can update and keep current, and maybe there is something else we can offer.
We’ve been testing the forums internally for a few weeks, assigning moderators, and making plans to keep them interesting. Here’s what we’ve come up with:
- Minh will moderate the Jobs board, a place for people to advertise jobs (paid and unpaid) and look for work
- Rich will moderate the Challenges board, where we will issue various game development challenges to the community!
- We’ll also have General Chat and Games categories for discussion and posting of games (including works-in-progress).