Zombie Outbreak Simulator is a sandbox game where you can witness 100’s and 1000’s of zombies sweeping across Washington DC on Google Maps. Players can modify various settings such as zombie numbers, speed, infection times and so on, and then watch games unfold.
- Website: www.class3outbreak.com/zombie-outbreak-simulator/
- Developer(s): Binary Space – Saxon Druce (programming) and Jay Weston (art, game design)
- Platform(s): Flash
- Release Date(s): 20/11/2009
- Binary Space
- Facebook page
- Coverage on digg.com
- Zombies Infect Google Maps (press release)
- Zombie Outbreak Simulator: Sim City Plus Google Maps Plus Undead (Gizmodo)
- Cool Stuff: Google Maps Zombie Outbreak Simulator (slashfilm)
As of 20 April 2010 (5 months since release), Zombie Outbreak Simulator has been played 600,000 times. See this page for details of the first 500k plays. A few days after release our site was dugg several hundred times, appearing on the front page of digg.com for several hours that night, eventually receiving over 1800 diggs and a couple of hundred thousand plays.