Locally-made VR multiplayer game Valiant by Offpeak Games is set for release soon, and we are pleased to be able to share the game’s early access trailer with you!
Valiant is a fast paced, mounted medieval combat game for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. It was certainly a crowd pleaser at the Perth Games Festival in 2014 & 2015, and the developers have been working hard to deliver the best multiplayer medieval mayhem experience possible.
Stay in your saddles and keep your lances at the ready – we shall let you know as soon as it hits early access release on Steam this April.
Virtual Reality is the place to be, with many of the big names in games putting together their own headsets and systems to make the most of the burgeoning area. Local studio Offpeak Games has been hard at work making the most of this technology, having already won a place in the Amcom <Upstart> and receiving support from the Oompf Games! Fund. You may have played their upcoming title Valiant at PlayUp Perth, or even the Perth Games Festival, and now they are reaching out to the community via Kickstarter to help them in the final stage of development.
Valiant is a multiplayer medieval combat game, exclusively for virtual reality. It features horse-based mounted combat, where players can charge into battle alongside friends, using weapons such as lances, bows, swords, javelins, crossbows and maces.
This is a really solid title that is a lot of fun to play, so to heed the call and set out on horseback, head on over to the Valiant Kickstarter page. The game has already been Greenlit, so you can also check out their Steam page here.
Start the New Year off on the right foot by stepping into Offpeak Games‘ latest VR title Arcane, out now on Steam. Created by the same team that brought you Valiant, all you have to do is choose your weapon and get ready to fight!
You have arrived on a small island with nothing but a stack of magical weapons. A local warlock has been summoning elementals and causing chaos. You’re here to fight and brawl your way to the top of the island, restoring peace to this arcane battleground.
So get your head in the game, ready your weapons, and prepare to take on waves of otherworldly foes! But first… visit their Steam page to get your copy of Arcane~
Earlier this year FTI announced the OOMPF! Games fund, a one-off members production fund to the value of $10,000. Following a number of submissions from local developers, the judges have made their decision and the winners have been announced!
Offpeak Games will receive $2500 for the development of Valiant, a virtual reality jousting game that uses the Oculus Rift; Stirfire Studios, the folks behind the award-winning Freedom Fall, were awarded $5000 to go towards the development of their next big game D3bug; and last but by no means least, ByteSprite were awarded $2500, which will assist them in completing their cooperative two-player garden game BrambleLash.
For all the details on these games and the Oompf! Games fund, head on over to FTI’s official announcement.
Photograph courtesy of FTI.
This week the good folks at FTI have put together a special edition of Playup Perth. Get ready to grab a drink, meet local devs and play a ton of great games, both prerelease titles and games out now. But that’s not all, the evening will also have a very special guest, Senator Scott Ludlam, plus discussions and presentations from local devs on their experiences making games in WA.
What: Playup Perth: Support WA Games Edition
When: 6pm until late, Saturday 10 October, 2015
Where: 167 Fitzgerald Street, Northbridge (SK Games)
Tickets: $7 (FTI Members)/$10 (regular)
Extra Notes: This is an 18+ Event.
For more information on this special edition of Playup Perth, head on over to their event information page. Alternatively, head straight over to the eventbrite page and book your tickets now!
PlayUp Perth is here once again, bringing you the latest in locally made games. This time hosted by the good folks of SK Games, this After Dark session gives you the opportunity to relax, enjoy a beer, and play some neat new games. As a bonus, there will also be two Oculus Rifts to try out! Granted, we do not know if it is better to use a Virtual Reality headset before or after imbibing alcohol, but what better time than this to beta test such a thing*.
What: Playup Perth + SK Games: After Dark #2
When: 6pm til late, Friday 26 September, 2014
Where: SK Games, 167 Fitzgerald St, Northbridge
Tickets: $7 for FTI members, $10 regular admission.
RSVP: via Eventbrite (Please note this is an 18+ Event)
The games on show for this After Dark edition are:
- Valiant (Occulus Rift), by Offpeak Games
A medieval team deathmatch game, where you are tasked with riding your horse and wielding your lance in an attempt to send your enemies flying.
- Defender of the Wood (iOS), by Daragh Robert Wickham
Show off your skills with the ol’ bow and arrow to impress the King and prove that you have what it takes to defend the forests.
- Into the Pie (tabletop) by Eeshwar Rajagopalan
A card game for 4-6 players that tasks you with making pies, surviving the bureaucracy of the neighbourhood bake sale, and of course making some serious $dough$.
- Astral (arcade), by SK Games
The latest work by the arcade-building, good time-having guys at SK. You’ll have to come along to find out what it’s all about!
For more information head on over to the official Playup Perth page, or to register simply sign up over at Eventbrite.
*Note: This post does not constitute LMG condoning the act of drinking and riding horses is virtual reality.
This section contains games released by West Australian developers, including (but not limited to) games for PC, Console, Mobile & Tablet, Browser, Arcade Machines, VR, plus Tabletop and Pervasive games!
If you have released a game, we want to hear from you (this is no time for imposter syndrome people!). If you are intending to release a game in the future, keep in touch; we are always interested in sharing news on upcoming titles and betas. A separate gamejam list is also planned for the future.
If you would like to add/update a listing, or have an upcoming game you want to share with the world, please let know!
[Last Updated: 5 January, 2017]
- 2048 Donuts (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Aliensche! (PC) by HiVE Interactive
- Arbalest 3035 (PC, Mac & Linux) by Bear-Tooth Studios
- Baboo! (Android) by Super Cookie Games
- Brain Slap! (iOS & Android), by Sleepy Mouse Studios
- Bouncing Doug (Android) by Space Flow
- Cakie (iOS, Android & Windows Phone) by Zloph
- Catnips (Arcade) by SK Games
- COGZ (Boardgame) by RAEZ
- Crazy Farming (iOS & Android) by eZone
- Curse of the Mummy (Escape Room) by Realmz
- Diver Dash (iOS) by eZone
- Donut Dash (Android), by Pink Donut Games
- Donut Drive (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Donut Rain (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Down to One (PC Early Access) by Gadget Games
- F**K. The Game (Card Game) by Bela Inkster
- Frenzy Challenge (iOS) by Error Seven Dev / Apex Creative
- Hexagon Heroes (iOS & Android) by Mad Bot Interactive
- Hoju (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Hoju Flying (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- I Dream of Djinn (RPG Adventure Module) by SkyLark Creative
- Laserbreak (iOS, Android & Amazon) by Error Seven Dev
- Laserbreak Escape (iOS, Android & Amazon) by Error Seven Dev / Apex Creative
- Laserbreak Renegades (iOS, Android & Amazon) by Error Seven Dev / Apex Creative
- mmm Food (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Mr Nibbles Forever (iOS, Android, PC, Mac & Linux) by Epic Shrimp
- OMG Dancer (iOS & Android) by Super Cookie Games
- Rift Runner (Android) by AltF4 Interactive
- Rocketnauts (PC & Mac) by Moss Wolf Games
- SOON (Mac & Linux) by Spiral Atlas
- Space Pig Galaxy (iOS & Android), by Mad Bot Interactive
- Square Heroes (PC, Mac & Linux) by Gnomic Studios
- Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy (PC & Mac) by Black Lab Games
- Toy Wars Invasion (PC) by WisKids
- Thug Racer (iOS, Android & Kindle) by Super Cookie Games
- Astral (Arcade) by SK Games
- Avoid the Donut (iOS), by Pink Donut Games
- Bassball (Arcade) by SK Games
- Biru (Arcade) by SK Games
- Brown (PC, Mac, Linux & Android) by Brian Corr
- Bush Bash (Arcade) by SK Games
- Cog and Balls (Arcade) by SK Games
- Dead End Alley (iOS, Android, Windows Phone & VR) by Cry Havoc Studios and Stirfire Studios
- Drop (Arcade) by SK Games
- Droplet Tap (iOS) by Eric Hein / Fabled Realm
- Electric Forest (Arcade) by SK Games and Arcadian Dreams
- Flock! (iOS) by Eric Hein / Fabled Realm
- Freedom Fall (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire) by Stirfire Studios
- Gunspell (iOS, Android, Windows & Facebook) by Ino-Co
- Halloweeen! (iOS & Android) by eZone
- How to Draw the Box You Live In (PC & Mac) by Oscar Brittain
- Icarus (PC & Mac) by SK Games
- MEMORI (Escape Room) by Games We Play (formerly Atmosphere Industries)
- Numbeats (iOS & Android) by Frequency Learning Systems
- Potato Bomb (iOS) by eZone
- Quarries of Scred ‘Demake’ (PC, Mac & Linux) by Kactus Games
- Regency Punk (Browser) by Handwritten Games
- RT (PC & Mac) by SK Games & Loser Unit
- Scavenger (PC, Mac & Linux) by Flame Collective
- Scourge of Tethys (PC, Mac & Linux) by Jonathon Morald
- Seed (PC & Mac) by SK Games
- Skulls (PC & Mac & Arcade) by SK Games
- Snow Spin (iOS & Android) by eZone
- Space Age: A Cosmic Adventure, (iOS), by Big Bucket Software
- Space Pig Galaxy (iOS & Android) by MAD BOT
- Space Trek: The New Generation (Pervasive Game) by Games We Play (formerly Atmosphere Industries)
- The Awesome System (RPG Adventure Module) by Sharkpunch Studios
- This Way Up (PC, Browser & Android) by Skybreaker Games
- Two shot/ decline (Arcade) by SK Games
- World’s Fastest Pizza (Early Access PC & Mac) by Oscar Brittain
- Zombie Jetpack (iOS & Android) by eZone
- Perth Racer (Browser) by eZone & Binary Culture
- Spinfast Cricket (iOS) by Spinfast
- Cellblock Squadrons (PC) by Super Furious Software
- Ancient Evil: Curse of the Snake Cult (PC) by Silver Lightning Software/ Paul Turbett
- Ancient Evil (PC) by Silver Lightning Software/ Paul Turbett
- Star Fighter: D’Yammen’s Reign (PC) by GeoSync Media / Andrew Hawkins
- Rally Challenge (PC) by Silver Lightning Software/ Paul Turbett
- Trial By Magic (PC) by Silver Lightning Software/ Paul Turbett
- Starfire (PC) by Silver Lightning Software/ Paul Turbett
- Master of Icons (PC) by Glen Spoors