Let’s Make Games Inc. is looking for a volunteer event coordinator to organise a regular casual catch-up events for WA game creators, students and enthusiasts. These regular meetings will occur in addition to LMG’s core regular events. The catch-up events will be open meetups for all game creators to meet casually to talk games and show off their recent builds. This style of regular meetings are going to be a vital cornerstone to the LMG programme of encouraging a thriving indie community. So if you’re keen to run great events to help bring the local indie community together, then we want you!
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills
- Active in the WA game creating community
- Solid writing and grammar skills
- Basic graphic design skills a bonus
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media a bonus
- Solid event organisation history a huge bonus!
- Organise venue, schedule and guests for free regular casual meetup events
- Create and moderate social media posts for event (facebook event, twitter, PIGMI)
- Coordinate with LMG web writer and videographers for blogposts and photography
- Propose and coordinate potential budgets with committee
- Manage and facilitate smooth operations at the events
- Provide committee with event reports
What you can expect from the us:
- Written feedback from the committee on event ideas, venues, and organising
- Advice from experienced organisers in planning and marketing your events
- Listing on the Let’s Make Games Inc. website as an event co-ordinator (with a link to your homepage)
- A @letsmakegames.org email address (which can forward to your regular email address)
- Support from our photographers and graphic designers for marketing and event photography
This position is a volunteer position. The required volunteer time is estimated at 20 hours per quarter. The RCC will be relatively autonomous from the operations of the LMG committee, although when required will need to be available for meetings or online chats with the committee, particularly pertaining to event budgets, calendar scheduling and event risk management.
Please send all letters of interest to volunteer[at]letsmakegames[dot]org with the subject “Regular Catch-up Coordinator”, and include any relevant prior experience or portfolio links.
Applications are open until Tuesday 4th of September. The successful applicant will be notified in the following week. The successful applicant will be chosen by the committee based on the above requirements, activity in the community and general competencies.
Also attached here the pdf version for this position.