Let’s Make Games Inc. is looking for a volunteer web writer to bring good news on our website to the game creating community of Western Australia. We want to make sure the content of our web site is kept fresh and up-to-date while the committee can focus their efforts on managing better events, programs and other organisation-y things. Does this sound like you? Then read on!
- Solid writing and grammar skills
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media
- Active in the WA game creating community
- Basic graphic design skills a bonus
- Source news and write weekly blogposts about releases, events and interesting stories in the WA game creating community
- Monitor automated social media output from blogposts (Twitter and Facebook links)
- Moderate blog comments
- Co-ordinate with LMG event organisers regarding official LMG announcement and reminder posts
What you can expect from the us:
- Written feedback from the committee on story ideas and articles (via email)
- Listing on the Let’s Make Games Inc. website as a website writer (with a link to your homepage)
- A @letsmakegames.org email address (which can forward to your regular email address)
- Free entry to all of our events which you write about
- Support from our photographers and graphic designers for appropriate articles
This position is a volunteer position. The required volunteer time is estimated at 2 – 4 hours per week to produce around one post per week. The web writer position will be relatively autonomous from the operations of the LMG committee, although there will be times that the writer will need to co-ordinate posts with various committee members which may require availabilities for meetings or online chats.
Please send all letters of interest to volunteer[at]letsmakegames[dot]org with the subject “Web Writer Position”, and include any relevant prior experience or portfolio links.
Applications are open until Tuesday 21st of August. The successful applicant will be notified in the following week. The successful applicant will be chosen by the committee based on the above requirements, activity in the community and general competencies.
Also attached here is the pdf version for this position.