It’s announcement time, people! The Let’s Make Games End of Year Party is next month, and not only do we have a host of juicy details, but we also have a spectacular Pozible crowdfunding drive to raise funds for the event.
The party’s theme is “Games are for everyone!“, and is open to anyone involved and interested in game development in Western Australia. As anyone who attended last year’s party knows, our end of year party has become the premier social networking event for game creators in Perth.
We have the venue booked and entertainment planned, but we need help from you, our community!, to make this party MEGA-AWESOME. We’re raising funds through Pozible to make sure we can provide enough food and entertainment for everyone that comes to the party. Help us make this party as awesome as possible and pledge your support at Pozible. There are shout-out rewards for any community member that donate $10 or more, plus corporate sponsorship options that include dedications on our showreel and high-fives!
So if you’re a fan of Let’s Make Games, help us out; the more money we raise, the better the party will be!
- What: Let’s Make Games Inc. End of Year Party 2011
- When: Sunday 27th November, 3:00 – 7:00pm
- Where: Universal Bar, 221 William Street, Northbridge, WA 6003
- Description: A social event for Perth game developers. The theme is “Games are for everyone!”. Attendance is free! Venue is licensed.
- RSVP: In comment, via the contact form, or on the Facebook event page.
Local Game Developer Roll-call
We are currently doing a roll-call for local game developers. If we’ve missed you (e.g. if there is no link to you on our website or we’re not following you on twitter). Let us know.
Last Chance to Vote for Game Ideas
Here are some of the ideas that we submitted:
- Recognition of games a valid form of artistic expression
- Establishment and funding of games cultural bodies
- Recognition and appreciation of the cultural benefits of the games sector
- Policy and funding to support cross-disciplinary collaborations
And here are some of the ideas that we rather like:
Post to the Let’s Make Games Inc. Website
Ever wondered if you could post on our blog? Now you can! Before you start spamming, there are some limitations on what you can post. So if you have a job vacancy you’d like to advertise, just released a locally developed game, and so on, let everyone know.