Show Us Your Bits (2011) is shaping up to be our biggest event thus far and a great opportunity to showcase some of the games being created right here in Western Australia. If you’re local and making games, we’d like you to show them off!
By showcasing or presenting, you’ll be joining the likes of:
- Dean Herbert: Creator of osu!, a rhythm game with over 300k active users.
- Anthony Carriero: Creator of featured in-game items in Team Fortress 2.
- Ben MacMillan (Fragsoft): showing off work-in-progress on their first game.
- Chris McCormick (Podsix Games): talking about his game library: jsgamesoup.
- Anthony Sweet (Handwritten Games): presenting his mafia-themed card game.
Thanks to Matthew for volunteering to help out on the day. We’re still looking for 2 more general volunteers and 1 photographer assistant.
General tasks will include helping out with: giving directions; helping with the BBQ; showcase registration; event setup and cleanup. Photography tasks will include: keeping an eye on the time-lapse camera, and more stuff depending on skills and experience. 😉
We only need help on the day and will be briefing volunteers (and assigning tasks) in the Showcase room (3.111) at 11:45am. So you just need to be get there a little early and be available until 4:30pm.
Getting your work added to the showreel is easier than… something that’s really easy. Just upload your (1-4mins) video to youtube (if you already have a video on youtube, you’ve already taken care of this bit) and send us a link to it by replying to this post! BAM! Added to showreel.