This represents a fantastic opportunity for local game developers to focus on how to design a game that meets a client’s needs. You can get direct immediate feedback and who knows where a convincing pitch may lead! (Note: This is an exercise in developing and presenting an idea, and getting constructive feedback on it. It is not part of an actual tender process.)
Here’s a video from Tourism WA that make us want to visit Ningaloo Reef:
Can you pitch a game that creates the same feeling of wanderlust?
If you feel that you can put together the perfect pitch for the following brief, reply here or contact us and get ready to present this Friday (27 May 2011)!
Overview / background:
The client, Tourism WA, is a State government agency whose core role is to promote Western Australia as a holiday destination to primarily a domestic market as well as key international markets. As part of our branding Tourism WA markets the State as a place where visitors can have an extraordinary experience. Further to this we also promote WA in the form of 11 – 12 key ‘trips’ or ‘journeys’ and in doing so help potential visitors realise how to best see and do WA. To further promote the State as a vibrant destination we also promote the many natural and non-natural events taking place. Our messaging is also segmented along passion points of: food and wine, arts and culture, outdoor and sports.
How can Tourism WA by way of a game engage with a wide ranging audience on the broad subject of a holiday to Western Australia? Should the game serve to inspire or educate players and how does the game help Tourism WA realise its ongoing challenge of measuring awareness of the destination through to intention to travel to booking a holiday?
- Tourism WA needs to demonstrate parity across the various destinations across the State. For more information on the five regions in WA and their key destinations please visit this page.
- The game needs to be suitable for all ages.
- Elements of our brand if not our logo need to be included in the design of our game.
- Tourism WA is open to exploring social gaming that can be promoted on our existing social channels.
- The game can be played between more than one person.
- Although we would look to provide this game for free consideration needs to be given to partner sponsorship opportunities (e.g.: including Qantas Holidays, Webjet, Flight Centre or any other travel supplier in the game mechanics). We would look to offset the costs of the development by way of sponsors.