Important: Regarding RSVP’s, in the subject heading of your email, please write: ‘Surname’ Let’s Make Game’s Q&A. For queries, please contact Michelle Glaser, ScreenWest Digital Project Officer on (08) 9224 7322. More details on the ScreenWest announcement page. Thanks!
There haven’t been too many cross-over events between the local film and television industry and the local games community. So this is a rare opportunity to meet new people and learn something about interesting work being undertaken right here in Perth.
The panel discussion will be preceded by a brief presentation on games and the games industry, so no former knowledge of games is required. Speaking of the panel discussions, we’ve got a wide range of panelists:
- Matt Comi (Big Bucket Software): Creative genius behind The Incident, an innovative hit game for iOS devices
- Saxon Druce (Binary Space): Makers of Class 3 Outbreak and Zombie Outbreak Simulator, recently featured on the National Geographic website
- Andrew Hawkins (DrewFX): A games educator and developer of Surf Prodigy, an intuitive surfing game for iPhone
- Cameron Royal (Sandbox Software): Developer of games, tools, and applications for PC, iPhone, and the web; including Adrenaline Snowboarding and Wisp
- Christel-Lee Wittber (Different Methods): One of WA’s largest game development companies, working on an educational game currently being tested in schools
There will also be a number of other key game developers (and a publisher) present, who we will introduce at the end of the panel discussion.
With X|Media|Lab Perth fast approaching, this event presents opportunities for traditional screen practitioners to:
- Learn what is involved in creating games for their cross-media projects
- Ask seasoned game developers questions about their project ideas
- Recruit local game developers to their X|Media|Lab teams
And vice-versa for game developers. On top of that, ScreenWest have secured a fantastic venue and will be providing drinks and nibbles for a networking session after the panel discussion. It’s a total win-win situation. 😀
See you there!